The 5 Keys On How to Receive the Offering in a PandemicMark Brooks
I recently wrote the following in my weekly newsletter, The Stewardship Coach about the 5 keys on how to receive the offering in a pandemic.
- Give the offering equal priority as the announcements: equal planning time and equal platform time.
- Plan out each and every offering. Always! We provide you with one every week called a …
Missions and Ministry Moment – During the Lockdown, we stopped calling, well, “offering talks,” offering talks. We started calling them Mission and Ministry Moments. We teach that by telling the story of how you are changing the world one life at a time, and inviting people to support that, is the door to gaining the first gift. In
two minutes or less. You have to think about that for both in-person worship and live-stream. Get a weekly offering talk sent directly to you every week! Find out more at:https://acts17generosity.com/memberships/
- Make it easy for people to give in their favorite way. With today’s technology, the offering plate is open 24/7.
- Never, ever forget that the offering is worship. Instead of killing it, hiding it, ignoring it, why don’t we make it worshipful? What could your team do with all that
creativity they possess if they saw the offering not as an intrusion upon their time, but what it is, worship. I firmly believe that it was not that we ask for money that
turns people off. It was how we asked. Guilt never works. Let’s change the offering time by making it better.
- Make the “Ask” and Stop Apologizing! This is the important part of the class, look in the eye of that camera and into the eyes of your people, smile and make the “ask!” Look, I get I’m the money guy. But think about what you are asking them to do. You are asking them to join you in worshipping God with our gifts. You are asking them to
help you make a difference in the lives of others with their generosity. It’s a Psalms 66:13 call. We come to the temple with our offering. Let’s invite everyone to join us and stop wasting time telling them they don’t have to give. Like they can’t figure that out? Stop apologizing for the offering, and you will see your offerings go up!
That’s it. Do these five things every week in some fashion. Think and plan it out across all platforms. Each week.
The easiest, quickest, and frankly most enjoyable way to increase giving is by taking your offering time to the next level.
Mark Brooks – The Stewardship Coach
Download my “15 Offerings of Summer: How to Reverse the Summer Slump in Giving in 60 Seconds at: https://acts17generosity.com/store/